Friday, May 8, 2009

I have not had time to post in the past few days, partly due to the fact that I somehow messed up my router. I don't know what I did but I didn't have Internet for a few days. I was able to use my advanced technical skills to fix it by basically turning it off and then just turning it back on. Which is pretty much my first step in fixing anything. If that doesn't work then I know that things are going to be a pain in the ass.

Amidst all of this my kids baseball coach told me that my son really needed some practice, and that I really should get out there and throw the ball around with him. So the next day me and the kid go out into the back yard to throw the ball around for a while. Real father and son bonding time. So, the second or third throw, I ricochet a ball right off of his fucking kneecap. I have always hated baseball. Right away I felt like a failure as a Dad. I mean, I am such a slob that I cannot even give my kid pointers on catching a ball. Then I started thinking again, and just because I suck at baseball does that really mean that I am a failure as a Dad? I have done tons of stuff with that kid. We workout together sometimes. I have taught him how to make creme brulee', and I am not talking form a mix either, we went old school using real vanilla beans and everything. What is going to help him out more in life, catching a baseball, or being able to land chicks because he is funny and can cook his ass off? Don't get me wrong, at nine I certainly don't want him going around banging chicks, but when the time comes I would like to think I prepared him well. Then I started to think that maybe I really was a failure as a Dad, because here my kid is writhing around in the dirt holding his knee, and I am standing there like a dumb ass thinking about how it has affected me.

No comments:

Post a Comment