Friday, January 15, 2010

Oprah

Oprah made me cry yesterday, I am not usually big on showing emotions, I almost never cry, in fact I am pretty much an emotional cripple. The only time I seem to find myself crying is when I watch Oprah. Yesterday she had this story about a kid who was a twin and his brother died of cancer and he was apparently inconsolable. He managed to find comfort in baking and started his own business and donated the profits to all of the different charities that helped his family while hos brother was sick. It was fucking heart-wrenching. Then Oprah asked the kid who his favorite celebrity was and he said it was Paula Dean; and guess who pops up with a plate of cookies. At this point I am sitting on the couch bawling.

Next, as if this was not enough, Oprah gives the kid and his family ten grand to buy stuff for his kitchen and expand his kitchen. This is when it dawned on me that Oprah is the real life version of the Wizard of Oz. She just gives people stuff and their lives are better. I once watched her show and she gave a guy who lost weight and she gave him a Porsche. I have this dream of going to see Oprah only instead of asking for a heart or courage, having her give me a stronger work ethic. maybe that way I could make something of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment